Unsure where to start? Here's my handy checklist to assist you with getting ready to sell!1) Pick Your List Date. Having a date in mind helps you focus your energy and efforts.;
Steps to Sell Your Home for Top $$ in Spring 2022
Dated: January 2 2022
Unsure where to start? Here's my handy checklist to assist you with getting ready to sell!
1) Pick Your List Date. Having a date in mind helps you focus your energy and efforts. Homes sell everyday of the year but Grand Traverse County sees some seasonality. The Spring Sales season starts with homes listed for sale February 1 to April 1.
Key things to keep in mind: Your homes condition, price range and location will drive how fast buyers place an offer. The date you sell the property and when you move out are negotiable and in this market often happen at the Sellers discretion.
PRO TIP: Adding a clause that you have to locate and close on a replacement property prior to selling can assist you in an easier transition.
2) Clean Out The Clutter. We all accumulate "stuff". You want people to be looking at your property, not your things. Donate, sell, or box it up since you're going to be moving it anyway.
Key things to keep in mind: Buyers need to feel like they have enough room for their things, clear out some space.
PRO TIP: Start one room at a time. Organize your closets but also clear off the flat surfaces in your home. FInd those things that are always sitting out a new home.
3) Fix The Small Stuff. You may need to do some cleaning, patching, and repair to make sure your home looks its best for buyers. Put down some new caulk, fix any loose handles, and touch up the trim.
Key things to keep in mind: Buyers expect that if you don't take care of the small stuff, the big stuff is also neglected.
PRO TIP: A quick home walk through with me will provide you a more specific list of easy fixes to improve your sales price. I'll also evaluate if there are issues that could derail your sale and strategize how to overcome them.
4) Dig Out The Paperwork. There are documents that a buyer or your agent is going to need. Have a survey? Property tax and utility bills are often requested. Don't forget your mortgage payoff information.
5) Call Me Today! Working with an experienced real estate agent from the start can save you time and money.
Key things to keep in mind: As a homeowner, your very first step is to determine if selling is the right step for you. You'll need information on the market, pricing, the sales process, and more.
PRO TIP: If your property is not located in my area, I'd be happy to recommend a highly qualified agent that is.
I've been helping people buy & sell real estate in Northern Michigan for over 15 years. I enjoy the beauty of our location and outdoor activities such as catching whitefish on the bay, rock hunting a....